Alterra's mission is to “responsibly protect your family and the environment.” We believe we don’t just “kill bugs,” but that we make life easier, homes safer, and businesses more productive.
Alterra’s professionals are held to the highest standard in the pest control industry. We live by ten core principles that guide us in all that we do. We believe so much in these principles that we display them right here publicly to ensure us that you, the customer, hold us accountable.
- Elevate the Tribe - Build a positive team and family spirit through kindness, respect, appreciation and loyalty.
- Deliver "WOW" - Go the extra mile by exceeding expectations with every customer experience.
- The Platinum Rule - Nourish relationships by treating customers and associates the way "they" want to be treated.
- True North - Live by your moral compass exemplifying integrity, fairness, and trust.
- The "Rudy" Principle - Be resolute exuding passion and determination; never, never, never give up.
- All Ears on Deck - Listen, share, and collaborate ideas openly with customers and associates.
- Sharpen the Saw - Improve yourself personally and professionally through continued education.
- Celebrate Success - Encourage happiness through praise, incentives, activities, and friendship.
- Embrace Change - Adopt and drive new ideas with a sense of adventure.
- Be Irreplaceable - Create "customers for life" by providing extra value as the industry leader.
As an industry leader, our goal is to provide you with progressive pest control solutions that reduce potential health risks to humans and the environment. Your safety is our first priority. Alterra's application methods, products, training, and a commitment to the environment separate us from the competition.
Alterra is also a proud member of the EPA's Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program. Admittance into this program is only provided to those organizations that adhere to a higher standard of alternative pest control practices. At Alterra, we promise to take care of your home like it was our own.
Alterra is committed to helping protect the world's health from disease-carrying pests. To do this, Alterra has partnered with the Nothing But Nets campaign to help stop the spread of the deadly disease Malaria, transmitted by the mosquito bite. As a proud sponsor of this effort to help save lives, Alterra dedicates a portion of company profits annually to Nothing But Nets to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries with the greatest need. Together we can help save the lives of millions from this deadly killer.
"I do daycare and was very concerned when I found a HUGE spider outside my door. I had never seen a spider like this one before and I trapped it in a jar for the service pro to check out. He was wonderful! He calmed my fears and completely serviced the outside of my home. He treated areas I did not even consider and gave me advice about keeping the backyard from being overwatered. He also told me what types of insects would be thriving in areas that have those wet conditions. I feel comfortable in my home and am relieved that my children can enjoy our play area outside because Alterra is servicing our property! Thanks so much!
-Elizabeth J., Salt Lake City, UT